Peter Blacket
City/State
Australia
CC Welcome
  1. Yes
Birth of third grandchild in NZ on 10th of june

Heading over on 17th for 10 days.

R6ii 15/35 2.8L and same 24/70L 2.8 70/200 2.8

Just common sense shooting principles rules apply?

Good light etc guessing most will be indoors.

Dont own a flash probably not needed.

BW in processing seems to me baby photos often look good that way

Cant see point of taking RP as well

Cheers all

Last edited:
Common sense i mean reasonably wide open to isolate bubs , bit of bokeh, reasonably fast shutter speed in case of wriggling etc etc

Bubs mom and dad bit narrower etc

PS sex unknown to all at this stage

Wishing your family the best on the upcoming birth. My advice would be not to use a flash...if you had one, so since you don't have one you have that covered.... :D.

Just enjoy the time with the new family member and the old family members as well. If you think that something looks nice, capture it.

daughters comment "would be special if you can take some great photos" and "you can do storms babies cant be that hard" :)

Last edited:
daughters comment "would be special if you can take some great photos" and "you can do storms babies cant be that hard" :)
I have had the opportunity to be involved in the changing of a few babies diapers over the years....I have also been in the path of tornadoes in Mississippi...I am on the fence as to which was the most challenging and dangerous. :giggle:

Be careful Peter and make sure you and your equipment are safe and protected at all times. :geek:

ah changing diapers stops ya from chewing your fingernails

Just capture moments as they happen. I would not be shooting for competitions but for memories. A flash could be very handy at times - I would bounce it off the ceiling, never directly at a baby. Beware of mixed light types because it can give color headaches. LEDs tend to give light that looks orange to the camera.

Latest reviews

• Zoom Canon RF 70-200mm F2.8L IS USM
    5.00 star(s)
    Fast, sharp, and lightweight! A great lens
    This is my main workhorse of a lens and I love it. It's very light weight (only around 2.3 lbs) lens. I've been able to hand-hold it for an event...
    • Crysania
  • Canon EOS R6 Mark II
    5.00 star(s)
    Fantastic sport camera
    This camera is FANTASTIC. I'm a dog sports shooter, so very fast indoor action with a lot of obstacles to shoot in and around. This camera does a...
    • Crysania
  • Zoom Canon RF 24-240mm F4-6.3 IS USM
    4.00 star(s)
    A good lens for what it does, with it's drawbacks
    I have had this lens since it came out and it is my lightweight go to lens for walking around in the city and using my infrared-converted camera...
    • Hali

New in the marketplace

Back