Your R System Images - May 2024

Thinking of a caption for this Oriental reed warbler: "Hey, I told you to keep it down over there!"View attachment 27947
Hi David,

A terrific image - the perfect 'bird with an opinion' pose, with excellent feather and eye detail.

Well seen and beautifully captured - thank you for sharing... :)

P&K

"See, Mr. Crow, I'm doing my part to pick up garbage."
kitecrow.jpg
  • Canon EOS R6m2
  • RF100-500mm F4.5-7.1 L IS USM + EXTENDER RF1.4x
  • 700.0 mm
  • ƒ/10
  • 1/2500 sec
  • ISO 640

"See, Mr. Crow, I'm doing my part to pick up garbage."View attachment 27957
Hi David,

Well, the inverted flying (or falling?) technique isn't something you see everyday.

It's quite a sight though, which certainly makes for an attention grabbing image.

Very well seen and caught - and thank you for sharing... :)

P&K

Some images from a recent return stay at the utterly enchanting Portmeirion, Gwynedd, Wales.

(Shot raw and processed with: DxO PL Elite/ ViewPoint and Adobe LrC/ PS with Tony Kuyper TK-9 Panels).

You can read about Portmeirion Here, The Prisoner at Portmeirion Here and Six of One: The Prisoner Appreciation Society Here.

Be Seeing You...

Phil and Karen

1. Our ‘spring into summer break’ - it rained on the way here and we were met by snow in Wales. (Note ‘Prisoner’ replica cape outside the merchandise shop).

View attachment 27927

2. Go on, you know you want to - we were here a couple of weeks ahead of the the 40th PortmeiriCon event held by Six of One: The Prisoner Appreciation Society. (A Human Chess game and Election Parade being among the planned festivities!).

View attachment 27928

3. ‘Unlike me, many of you have accepted the situation of your imprisonment and will die here like rotten cabbages’… Election speech by Number 6.

View attachment 27929

4. We search for strength and inspiration - from the bottom to the top…

View attachment 27930

5. Who are the prisoners - and who are the warders?

View attachment 27931

6. We are not numbers - well, not whole numbers! - we are free photographers (and we may have discovered a means to finally escape from ‘The Village’)…

View attachment 27932

(Source: Portmeirion).

Nice set.

A Friday afternoon 'throw everything at the wall and see what sticks' re-edit from our stay at Portmeirion.

(s/w: Adobe LrC/ PS with - primarily - Tony Kuyper TK-9/ Magic Mixer Panels and Topaz Labs Studio 2).

Phil

...Who is Number 1?

RF-SN6-.jpg
  • Canon EOS R5
  • RF14-35mm F4 L IS USM
  • 14.0 mm
  • ƒ/7.1
  • 1/500 sec
  • ISO 100

600A2936.jpeg
  • Canon EOS R7
  • RF-S18-150mm F3.5-6.3 IS STM
  • 35.0 mm
  • ƒ/7.1
  • 1/200 sec
  • ISO 200
600A2909.jpeg
  • Canon EOS R7
  • RF-S18-150mm F3.5-6.3 IS STM
  • 59.0 mm
  • ƒ/6.3
  • 1/100 sec
  • ISO 250

Proof that Spring has FINALLY arrived here in Southern Alberta even if the crocus does have a touch of frost. Taken this morning along the Trans Canada Trail in NE Calgary.

View attachment 28001View attachment 28002

Proof that Spring has FINALLY arrived here in Southern Alberta even if the crocus does have a touch of frost. Taken this morning along the Trans Canada Trail in NE Calgary.
Being Manitobans one thing we miss. We had a cottage in the Boreal forest. Every spring on the drive up there was short section which was just covered with crocuses. We would have to pull over for that every spring.

Latest reviews

• Zoom Canon RF 70-200mm F2.8L IS USM
    5.00 star(s)
    Fast, sharp, and lightweight! A great lens
    This is my main workhorse of a lens and I love it. It's very light weight (only around 2.3 lbs) lens. I've been able to hand-hold it for an event...
    • Crysania
  • Canon EOS R6 Mark II
    5.00 star(s)
    Fantastic sport camera
    This camera is FANTASTIC. I'm a dog sports shooter, so very fast indoor action with a lot of obstacles to shoot in and around. This camera does a...
    • Crysania
  • Zoom Canon RF 24-240mm F4-6.3 IS USM
    4.00 star(s)
    A good lens for what it does, with it's drawbacks
    I have had this lens since it came out and it is my lightweight go to lens for walking around in the city and using my infrared-converted camera...
    • Hali

New in the marketplace

Back